Also this year, we attended the Red Hat Open Source Day in Milan and the Forum in Madrid to talk about Open Source, Innovation and technologies that allow you to realize projects and achieve new goals.
“DevOps in practice: goals, people and tools”
Fabio Seregni, principal Software Architect and Sircle Leader Sorint.lab, showed how to concretize DevOps. The same speech will be repeated at the OSD in Rome on the 14th November, you can still subscribe!
The sum of our direct experiences with customers has shown us that everyone needs DevOps and that in practice the 3 pillars of all initiatives can be summarized as follows:
- Write software using standards
- Manage Activities using Agile Methodologies
- Adopt automation for CI/CD
- Application Modernization, Refactoring to Microservices
- Quality Assurance to write Quality code
- Adapt the Dev concept to the Ops environment
- Skill: Refocus to define application build mode to make it repeatable
- 12(+3) Factor Adoption
- Smart Framework introduction (Spring Boot, Wildfy Swarm, GO)
- Progressive adjustment to the Quality Assurance of the code
- Gitlab, Jenkins (master/slave, shared libraries) to compile on different platform, Ant, Maven, Gradle, Npm, Artifactory, Chart Museum, Monocular, Nexus, Openshift, Docker, Helm. A lot of tools are available on the market, we organize workshop or vendor selector to help the customer in choosing the most suitable tools for his needs.
The speech ended with the presentation of the development and production architecture of an automated environment, to support what was said above.